A Good Speech Needs a Good Introduction
One problem many Toastmaster groups face is when a scheduled speaker neglects to write a proper introduction to give to the Toastmaster and Speech Evaluator before the meeting begins.
Print form pdf
Toastmasters, have some fun once in a while to prod speakers into remembering this important step.
When a speaker neglects to provide a speech introduction, use these teaser introductions for a laugh.
Make up a few of your own!
- Last time she gave a speech she drew a line 3 blocks long – until they took her chalk away.
- If you saw Titanic or Hunger Games, our next speaker probably saw them too. (you can insert any popular movie)
- Here's a speaker about whom president (insert president name) said “Who is he?”
- Here's a person who has made quite a name for herself, unfortunately, we don't use words like that in Toastmasters
- I bring you the world's greatest public speaker, storyteller, and the person who wrote this intro...
I guarantee the next time the scheduled speaker will remember this good-natured ribbing.
If not, keep em coming till they do!